MOOC

Teaching ESD at university is a huge challenge. Enroll in the MOOC Virtual Field Trip and Global Change: A Blended Learning Approach. A MOOC is a Massive Open Online Course. It is free and available at any time in five languages :

  • Las Salidas de Campo Virtuales en el Contexto del Cambio Global y el Aprendizaje Semipresencial
  • Virtual Field Trip and Global Change: A Blended Learning Approach
  • Excursion virtuelle et changement global : Une approche d’apprentissage hybride
  • Virtuelle Exkursionen und globaler Wandel: Ein Blended-Learning-Ansatz
  • Εικονική Εργασία Πεδίου και Παγκόσμια Αλλαγή: Μια Υβριδική Προσέγγιση Μάθησης

General Objectives:

Promoting Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) at the university level by guiding university educators in adopting digital and innovative teaching practices, such as virtual field trips.

Ensuring the provision of high-quality higher education, striving for excellence, and contributing to the development of a knowledge society by integrating teaching methods that address the challenge of enhancing students’ digital skills

Cultivating collaborative blended teaching concept within the framework of ESD.

Expecting Learning Outcomes:

Developing an awareness of global change as a catalyst for considering sustainability issues in their future professional endeavours.

Validating the effectiveness of the pedagogical scenarios that have been created.

MOOC syllabus

Module 0  Presentation and Introduction: This module provides a comprehensive overview of the course and outlines the operational aspects of the MOOC.

Module 1  Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and Global Change: In this module, we delve into the challenges associated with teaching and integrating ESD and global change concepts into the curriculum.

Module 2  Create Virtual Field Trips: This module focuses on the educational approach to utilizing virtual field trips from the perspective of ESD.

Module 3  Participatory Tools and Processes: The module stablish a methodological framework for a digital toolkit of participatory methods, enhancing the overall learning experience.

Module 4  Applied Module: This module encourages the use of spatial and critical thinking skills by employing the participatory toolkit to create a virtual field trip that seamlessly integrates ESD and global change into the curriculum.

Assessment

The course includes 4 self-assessment test exercises per module. To successfully complete the MOOC and qualify for accreditation, a minimum score of 60% is required.

Midterm exams for each module contribute 80% to the final score, while the final test accounts for the remaining 20%.Each module’s test is graded out of 20 points, with every question carrying a value of 4 points.

The final test is graded out of 20 points, with every question carrying a value of 2 points. The maximum achievable score is 100 points.For detailed information on the accreditation process, content, refund policy, and other related matters, please refer to the FAQs section of IEDRA

From UNED Abierta, we recommend enrolling in the course as an auditor and initiating the accreditation process upon successful completion of the course.

Recommended Requirements

Interested individuals with a passion for environmental education, sustainable development (ESD), and a commitment to contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the 2030 Agenda are encouraged to participate.

Basic knowledge of English is recommended. The videos, evaluation form and the supplementary materials will be in English.

Target Group

University professors with an interest in receiving training for the purpose of incorporating virtual fieldwork into their teaching methods, particularly with an emphasis on sustainability education.